Wolfpack team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Wolfpack team players

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
PRESS OVER CALENDAR ICON TO SEE NEXT GAMES OF OUR TEAM
Real Soccer about to close. We are looking for new games to play with our team.

Movements and style of play for a Defender

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kardent
Admin
Kardent

Movements and style of play for a Defender Empty
PostSubject: Movements and style of play for a Defender   Movements and style of play for a Defender EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:09 am

hi guys. I would like to start this topic talking about my Defender (Kardent). I guess a good defender must use Block like passive skills. The moves for a defender must be in our side of the pitch normally. He must go quickly to midfield line when we have the ball to make offside with opponent Forwards. The Defender must move in a range to cut dangerous passes to his back. The best way to mark a dangerous player, is cutting the ball passes to him. If the Forward is controlling the ball, normally we must block him, not slide if we are not sure to control the ball or if there is not other option. I have made a lot of errors practicing this. Sometimes is better to let score instead of getting a red card with a penalty or dangerous foul. This is useless when the game is in the first half, but score is very important in the way of playing for every team players. We will talk about this in Team Tactics.
Back to top Go down
https://wolfpackteam.forumotion.com
constantinescu

PostSubject: Re: Movements and style of play for a Defender   Movements and style of play for a Defender EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 3:17 pm

If i can share my 11 years of CD experience transposed in this game i would say that offside trap must be used at a random rate,so that the opponent team would have a hard time setting a pattern with us using that tactical move. I know that it is verry important to predict the next oponent move, also as important as this, is the use of blocking skill near the edge of the box, because the oponent can counter our skill with faint shot, but usualy you will get to anticipate their move after the first 2-3 attacks. I often leave intentionaly an open spot in defense so i can force the CM to pass the ball in the direction i want, so that way i move before the FW and either cut the pass or ckose-mark the FW. Anyway for all of us defenders here i can provide tips into tricking the oponent, and ofcourse i want you to share your tips here so we can wprk togethere for that "clean sheat"
Back to top Go down
NikolaSilni

NikolaSilni

PostSubject: Re: Movements and style of play for a Defender   Movements and style of play for a Defender EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:50 pm

I agree with both of you for what you have said, BUT, i think the main problem in the pack is not using the offside trap when it's opponents freekick. So, basically, when it's their freekick, move as far up the field as you can, 'cause that way, they can't pass to anyone, let alone score.
I completely agree with Constantinescu on letting them pass the ball where i want them to pass, that's a brilliant tip right there.
Another hint i want to point out, when the opponents forwards dribble close to 20 meters of our box, don't use shift, 'cause when you do, you can find yourself way behind the forward.
Another hint is to look at opponents stats and level before the match, most watchfull must be kick power and kick accuracy, 'cause they can easily score from the edge of the box or from 25-30 meters (example D.Beckham23, if you saw him ingame, you know what i am talking about).
Another hint is how to counter forwards kick feint, most of the time forwards use feint 1 time and then shoot. It's important to see forwards who use that skill often, 'cause it gives away their tactics and you will know not to press block the first time, instead press it second time and if that fails by the time forward make third shot we will have another two guys in defence.
I have more tips on how to play defender, but i'll post them as i recall them.
Back to top Go down
constantinescu

PostSubject: Re: Movements and style of play for a Defender   Movements and style of play for a Defender EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:02 am

yeah, thank you NikolaSilni for pointing out these very interesting aspect of offside trap when free-kicking but don`t forget that the OT (offside trap) won`t work if they have a goal-kick from the keeper. Saying that, i must point out another tip, when our gk is kicking a ball from goal kick (ball being sent off by an opponent ) we should try to stay behind the FW and when keeper takes that kick quickly advance so in case of a header in our half of the field, the opponents FW will be caught offside (again i must point out that we should set some sort of sign when doing that so that they don`t guess the pattern). And about the kick faint,i think we should not hold back the block skill especially at the edge of the box because usually because it is in striking distance they would most likely do a real shot. Anyway, most of what i want to say cannot be expressed in words, i`ve never been a good teacher or a good explaining person. I found many attackers that don`t use faint at all...so it`s easy to block their shoot.
Back to top Go down
Kardent
Admin
Kardent

PostSubject: Re: Movements and style of play for a Defender   Movements and style of play for a Defender EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 11:09 pm

Yes. Nikolasini is right. We are receiving a lot of goals and we have a lot of problems in free kicks. We must go more up in this situations to force FW´s to go back making offside trap. I will make a subforum with the information posted here. We will make a list of basic rules for each position and a general tactic for the team. This posts are valid for single player tactics, but we need one General post to fix rules for the style of playing for our team.
Back to top Go down
https://wolfpackteam.forumotion.com
V.Kadlec

V.Kadlec

PostSubject: Re: Movements and style of play for a Defender   Movements and style of play for a Defender EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Ahh, may thats so good for me. When i made Kadlec i thought about being a counter-mf, going to be as a winger. 

Im only 160cm tall and have much points in Quickness.. as you may noticed i do defend, but most of the time i wait between our goal and the middleline of the field to get the ball for counter. 

If you try to do offside traps, maybe there are better mfs than me. I dont say this bcuz you should change your tactics (no rlly, im happy that i can be in the pack) Very Happy , i just want to tell you my playstyle is very different. Maybe we should get some more defensive midfielders, which can help more, 2df+1mf is the best for an offside trap in my opinnion. Very Happy 

(also i dont like offside traps in rs) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
constantinescu

PostSubject: Re: Movements and style of play for a Defender   Movements and style of play for a Defender EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 2:32 pm

Good point kadlec, we should try to work together as a team and combine every aspect of teamwork and personal preferences (like you said, everyone plays different styles but we should try to make the most of it by using it in our advantage.....if that makes any sense to anyone:) )
Back to top Go down
constantinescu

PostSubject: Re: Movements and style of play for a Defender   Movements and style of play for a Defender EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:50 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOpHwfmPMUE very interesting defensive tactic on 5vs5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movements and style of play for a Defender   Movements and style of play for a Defender Empty

Back to top Go down

Movements and style of play for a Defender
Page 1 of 1